Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Odd Couple

On my way into the first of two Tim Horton's today I spotted this picture in the window of a Bridal Photography shop ...
Yeah, wouldn't be my first choice to promote my business but to each his own. What kindof couple would have this kind of photograph you ask? Well let me tell you a story that may help to answer that question ... (okay when I type question I sometimes pronounce it in my head: Kes-tee-ON - please help me)
Anywho, On with the story!
While searching for a picture for my last post (finally I opted to use just the ones I had taken of Ivana attacking me with a plunger and then throwing me the death glare) I came across an unusual blog written by a Mr. Craig Nelson, no not the one who got his hand stuck in a desk in my grade 4 art class and who also happens to reside in a house at the end of my street, but a 40 year old man living in Calgary. I was perplexed as to the purpose of the site at first - what was all this about Billboards and Kimberly? so I did some interweb digging and found THIS article from the Calgary Herald. Craig's, or Forever Groom's (FG) ex had entered a radio contest/social experiment that would see her marry a man she would first meet on her wedding day - Yikes! FG would not let this fly and launched an online campaign to win her back - aww how sweet/odd. Obviously they eventally ended up together which explains the his and her billboards Forever Groom is so pleased with. What a strange and maybe even delightful sort of love story ...
So I think that when these to get married they must for sure get a photo of them like the one above - the crazy-eyed groom chasing after his bride seems just about perfect for this couple's relationship.

2 comments:

ivana m. said...

haha we're thinking of the same craig nelson

cait said...

obvs

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0