Monday, May 11, 2009

(It's Been) One Week

Note: The title of this post is meant to be sung to the tune of the same name by the Barenaked Ladies ... in case you wanted to know.

It has been a week since my last post and for this I apologize (sorry Ivana I know I promised... but I got busy). I think a quick recap of the past week's events are in order. Worked Tuesday - Thursday (nothing too interesting here). I was finally able to use up the Roots gift card that's been burning a hole in my wallet since Christmas. Went to a lovely dinner at Milestones in Dundas Square in T.O. with Dorcas, Calvin, Ivana and Kiani. Ivana and I were particularly amused by the Ken Display in the bathroom. Being rabid blogettes we naturally took a photo and vowed to post it - so here I am fulfilling this vow. Ivana and I then went on one of our epic joyrides on Lakeshore. I should explain. Each Joyride begins with a mixtape (see previous post) and a destination goal. I don't know why but every single time this goal is Appleby College. Our fascination with the affluent private school students of Oakville is unparalled. I should also note that we NEVER make it there. the closest we got this past Thursday was a drive-by in which I awkwardly turned to pull in before Ivana exclaimed the drive was blocked by a chain and there was a nightshift guardsman on duty - Phew close call. This kinda reminds me of the time Kiani and I joyrided (joyrode?) through the parking lot of that pretentious Rotherglen School on Neyagawa and Kiani threw something out the window and then we laughed...good times (note: I do not condone littering in anything other than exceptional circumstances - this was one of those circumstances). Anyway - Friday I gymed it up with Ainsley and then went to dinner with my mum who came to town for a visit. Saturday we got Pedicures, hit up Sherway and then met my two stepsisters for dinner. Sunday was pretty laid back, but I did go see STAR TREK (YAY!) and it was amazing/I loooooove Spock. So that just about sums up my week. Hopefully won't abandon the blog for too long again. In other news ... I simply must come up with an amazing post idea for my 100th post which is quickly approaching!!! ideas?

What I'm Listening To: Amber, My stepsister, got me Day and Age by The Killers for my birthday and I know I've already posted about this album but I just must share the delightful song I Can't Stay. I obviously love Human and Spaceman, otherwise I wouldn't have asked for the CD, but I think I Can't Stay may be my favourite song off the album. I was determined to listen straight through to get a feel for the album as a whole, but I had to replay this song about 3 times before I moved on. Other good tunes: Neon Tiger, This is Your Life.


The Killers - I Can't Stay
Found at bee mp3 search engine

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0