Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Randy Travis


Cool fact: Randy Travis and I share the same birthdate (not including year...obvs). I mention this because I love Mr. Travis' song Forever and Ever Amen (did I post this already? I'm having blog deja vu). Any song that has lyrics like:

"They say that time takes its toll on a body / Makes the young girls brown hair turn grey / But honey, I dont care, Im not in love with your hair"

... Is a song I will cherish forever and ever, Amen.

Other Interesting Things that have happened on May 4ths throughout the years:
- 1932 – In Atlanta, Georgia Al Capone begins serving an eleven-year prison sentence for tax evasion.
- 1946 – In San Franciso Bay, U.S. Marines stop a two-day riot at Alcatraz federal prison. Five people are killed in the riot.
- 1972 – The Don't Make A Wave Committee, a fledgling environmental organization founded in Canada in 1971, officially changes its name to "Greenpeace Foundation".
- 1979 – Margaret Thatcher becomes the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- 2001 – The Milwuakee Art Museum addition, the first Santiago Calatrava-designed structure in the United States, opens to the public. (I've been here!)

May 4th is also regarded by some to be STAR WARS DAY ("May the Fourth be with you") and is International Firefighters Day.

1 comments:

ivana m. said...

happy birthday to my favourite blogette

muahhhhh

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0