Saturday, May 30, 2009

Good Morning Starshine

I drafted this post last night and scheduled it to come out on Saturday because I am trying to curb my binge posting (see here for explanation). But really, If I'm writing the post anyway ...

So here is a pretty photograph I found at Apartment Therapy and instantly thought, oh to be that girl, with that giant mirror just for putting on my makeup. Dare to dream. Unfortunately I am not that girl and instead of frolicking around in Saturdayness I'm working overtime to put food on the table and clothes on the backs of my familypersons. (those last bits are untrue and were added for effect, but I don't like to lie)
And here is a pretty song. Not cheery or any nonsense like that, it's Saturday and I am (or will be) working diligently till the sun goes down - why would I post a cheery song? Remember that Friends episode where a melancholy Joey sits looking through that artificial rain frame ... that is what I picture when I listen Greg Laswell's cover of Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Only it's me sitting there melancholy ... and not missing Chandler.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0