Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tabatha Coffey Would Be Impressed

Today I finally gave in and got my hair cut. It's been 3 months since my last cut. i've had a hard time with getting my haircut for the past couple years. I had been going to the same hairdresser for years in Kleinburg (I know ... w(where)tf is that), but when my mum moved I didn't have a car to get there anymore and it was really far so I kind of jumped around salons ... even sinking so low as Magic Cuts (I don't want to talk about it.) Anyway ... I finally sucked it up and decided to get a cut here in Kingston at James Brett. JB is one of those semi-pretentious Aveda salons where everything is black and expensive. My only other experience at an Aveda salon was back in 2007 in Oakville. My mum had booked an appointment and I guess hadn't specified what kind of stylist so I got the most expensive kind and then the cut was not great and I hadn't brought enough cash (didn't have a credit card at that point ...) to tip the way I usually would. So i ended up giving a meager tip and then fleeing to my mum's expensive car right in front of the salon so I'm sure they saw and thought I was just being cheap... how embarrassing. Anyway ... TODAY was totally different and wonderful. I got the best scalp massage ever and then (GASP!) my stylist dry-cut may hair. I immediately thought back to an episode of Salon Takeover with Tabatha Coffey, where she brought a bunch of salon stylists to see a guy cut hair dry and refered to it as a sculpture. Anyway - My hair is so much better now and I loves it - oh bangs it's been a while!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0