Monday, April 27, 2009

School's Out - Fun's In...

... so read the icing of a chocolate cake my stepmom made when she was a teenager. I know this because I've seen the picture of her holding it and it is amazing. Saturday I had my last exam and it went okay... and I just turned on my computer to find an email from my T.A. in Greek Archeology with my mark and explanation on my paper ... Groan ... But that is the only part of this post that will be devoted to school work ... now for the fun stuff. Went out Saturday night to party it up End-Of-Year style. Got a few more bumps and bruises then I bargained for. I know the bruise on my leg is from walking into a part of a building in downtown Kingston, but I just discovered a little cut above my right eye for which I have no explanation of its cause. Saturday was amazing because I got to see two real live fights. Well technically only 1 which went something like: lady hitting and running after a guy and i think screaming "Don't hate/touch my mother-in-law/stepmother" in the Pizza Pizza parking lot (the details are foggy). The second was inside the club we hit up and aparently 2 chicks got into it - But I kinda couldn't see that one properly. Gooooooood Times. Sunday I woke up waaay too early and continued frantic packing then grabbed brunch with my dad and drove (yes I drove - practice makes perfect for the G test) all the way back to Oakville. I then spent the rest of the day unpacking and organizing my room, which unfortunately I have to share with a messy younger sister. But everything is in order now and today I'm settling in, which means I'm thinking about all the things I want to accomplish this summer. Last summer is going to be pretty hard to beat as it was my most productive and possibly most fun to date. I had 2 jobs (1 full time), took and Aced a summer course, roadtripped with the fam. to Maine, roadtripped to Barrie (okay admittedly less glamourous a destination) for the Spectacular in everywayshapeandform Jack Johnson Concert and touristed it up in Kingston: visiting the Penn museum and embarking on the Haunted Walk of Kingston - for reals that town is crowded with spectres (just felt like using that word ... got a problem with it? wanna fight? just joshing).

This summer however I'll be luck y to find 1 job, let alone 2, and I'm defo not taking a summer course (that shiz is BELOW me now - not really there's just nothing else I can take at an appropriate level). As for concerts - I just checked Ticketmaster --> Kenny Chesney and Jonas Bros--> Ummm yeah that's a dallop (what? it's a word if we want it to be, right Dorcas?) of "Not in this lifetime" with a side of "When Hell freezes Over" respectively for me thanks ... Hold the purity ring (gift with purchase). Instead of that traditionally fun stuff, I thought I'd make a list (I loooove my lists) of things that I wanted to accomplish/do this summer...so, in what is sure to be the first of many drafts, here is the fabulous, the combobulated (once again folks, a word if I WANT it to be), the magnifique ...

CAITIE'S SUMMER GOALATUDES (I just like the sound of that):

1) Meet someone named Gregor .... perferrably THE Gregor from CBCs Wiretap (but I'm not picky - if this was last summer maybe, but this summer I gotta take what I can get)

2) Read 71/2 books. (7 is my favourite number after eleventy four and also seems a reasonable goal. the 1/2 is there in case I start a book only to find that I have a wickedbad case of the hates for it)

3) Actually listen and engage in some of the gazillion 'Learn French By Podcast' episodes that automatically dowload onto my pod. (When I first subscribed I was so into it and then I listened to a couple of lessons and peaced because it was too easy... now I've reconsidered ... yeah I basically get schooled by my entire family in the department de francais so I got get proactive before their next attack.

4) Get outside. (Even though I was superproductive last summer I remained unforgiveably pale because I was so busy studying or working to enjoy the sun)

5) Catch up on my National Geographic Magazines.

6) Save Money. (gawd this is like the worst entry on this list. Boo to you part of the brain that fuels practicality, reason, and good judgement... Boo. to. you.)

7) Find a craft and do it awesomely. (Not even just a craft, maybe add to my scrapbook, or paint, or buy [uhoh I can already see goalatude #6 flying out the window and and being torn apart by a pack of hungry "I want. I Want. I WANTS!!!"] one of those big boxes of crayola crayons [you know the one with the sharpener at the back - does that even realy work?]and drawing things) ... (are you sick of all my thought-tangent parentheses yet? I am [a little bit] but not enough to stop =P)

8) Expand Vocabulary. Ridonculous, Awesome, Rad, are all ... awesome (ah!) I mean delightful (phew!) words and some of my favourites to use in conversation on-the-daily, but I really need to punch it up (where is that phrase from?) and start using some seriously BA vobulary... also: should defo try using full words ... nah it's so much more fun to routinely shorten words in a way that will leave at least one person in a group conversation completely clueless =D. 2nd part of this goal is to continue trying to reintroduce the catchword "Boss" into current slang/lingo. I have been working at this since grade 11 - thats a 5 year stretch of casually slipping it into coversation and then patiently explainign when people don't know what it means. I was, I think, somewhat successful at helping bring back "Bitchin", popularizing "Ridonculous" and effectively killing "Jerkface" back in the day, so I think I might have a chance with this one.

9) Listen to More of my CDs. (I love my Pod and cann't imagine living without it, but I still buy CDS because I like listening to the full things the way the band wanted them to be listened to. That being said, for convenience sake I often just use my pod to play music. NOT this summer. While there are thousands of songs that I only have in mp3 format, I also have a sizeable collection of CDs. First on my list to listen to ... hmm: perhap Miracle Fortress and then Mattew Good Band)

10) Open ... Haven't decided but I know I'll think of something to put here...

Wow that is one boss list. I know that with a little hard work, a lot of self-encouragement and a healthy dose of "believing in myself" this list of Goalatudes with surely be complete by summer's end. for reals.


Now listen to I Want You by Kings of Leon. I FINALLY bought their newest album and popped in my car's cd player it is more wonderful than I could have possibly imagined. I actually LOVE every single song - there are NO fillers - just feels so hot and dirty and summery and ... like a real rock album... also, PLEASE check out their old stuff (some of my favourites: Soft, Knocked Up, Fans, Talihina Sky) because it is likewise rifrickendiculously boss.


Kings of Leon - I Want You
Found at bee mp3 search engine

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0