Monday, April 13, 2009

MONSTERS VS. ALIENS VS. ME ... a film review

I just got back from watching MONSTERS vs ALIENS in 3D!!! I have never watched a film in 3D, but as soon as the ticket guy handed me the awesome 3d glasses I got all giddy and excited. My sister and I got excellent seats (there was some initial trepidation on my part because there was two little girls behind us, but pretty much there were two little girls/kids behind every seat in the theatre so it didn't make a difference). In fact, although I usually despise kids at theatres, this time I felt like I was one of them - I gasped just as loud as the 6 year olds when the first 3D images popped out of the screen (though I didn't try and catch all of them like the boy in front of us). The movie itself was so cute and clever and one of the first movies in a long time that left me feeling glad I spent $$$mula$$$ to see it in theatre. Bob was so adorable and the animation was really enjoyable to watch ... and there were so many celebrities doing the voices and I couldn't quite place them all but I defo imdb-ed that up afterward. Also - the previews were pretty decent too. I am a bit of a closetted trekkie ... I've many of the Star Trek's (Voyager - religiously, Deep Space Nine - bored afternoons after school, Next Generation - !!! all the time) but I've never watched a single episode of the original series .... so when I first heard about the Star Trek movie I didn't explode with excited ... but each time I've gone to the theatre recently I've seen a trailer for it and I just get soooooooo excited, the music, SPOCK! omg I'm getting excited now just thinking about it. my blooger (typo but i am keeping it) still won't let me post videos but here is a link to the theatrical trailer if you are at all interested .... you are, don't lie....
oh and P.S. Simon Pegg is in it!!! Yay! the world is awesome ...


What I'm Listening to: Last Nite (cover) by Adele (click the picture dahling)
I heard this cover at least a year ago but totally forgot about it until recently and thought I'd share it. The Strokes are one of my favourite bands - way back in 2003 I fell in LOVE with them and although the quality of their music has suffered (First Impressions of Earth? Howabout first impressions of my fist into the metaphorical face of the song Juicebox?!) still I adore them no matter how 2001/4 they are! So, the fact that Adele (LOVES) did a cover of one of their first singles is amazing... almost as amazing as her cover of the Raconteurs' Many Shades of Black. well done! Here is the original by the Strokes ... just for old time sake!
ALSO, I mean, why not? Here is a link to Right as Rain just because it is so happy and I love it! Okay, no more Adele for a while now kiddies.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0