Monday, April 27, 2009

Goalatudes: (Re)Learn Conversational French

Okay so Goalatude #3 is going to be exceptionally hard because it requires a great deal of will power and good attention skills - both of which I lack even on a good day. Luckily, along with my podcasts I've rediscovered TELEFRANCRAIS! If you have no idea what i'm talking about ...gasp!... Sorry, then you just haven't lived until now. Telefrancais is a Canadian television show that originally aired on TVO from 1984-86. It sought to teach kids a little bit of French. I had the pleasure of watching this in my grade 4 and 5 French classes. I remember Ananas looking a little less strung out when I was 9 but whateves it's all good. Below is a clip from an episode where the two human children: Sophie and Jaques (who just happened to have befriended the pineapple in a junkyard...), practice for a spelling championship with Ananas as their trainer =D. But let's be honest the thing we all most looked forward to each time my French teacher fired up the old VCR for a Téléfrançais episode, was the theme song! You know - or will - what I mean when you see it. Almost as good as Under the Umbrella Tree or Today's Special (what's that? You don't know what Today's Special or Under the Umbrella Tree are? note to self: compose a post on UTUT and Today's Special in the very near future!) Anyway I figure when I get bored of listening to my French podcasts I'll just hop on over to youtube for some Téléfrançais and that will be that...



I have a distinct memory of watching an episode where the character Pilote delivers pizzas by plane ... just thought i'd share that.

3 comments:

ivana m. said...

you're (re)taking up french??? Soo excited!!!

cait said...

Well you know, just so I can understand it a LITTLE better. my comprehension is okay but my production is exceptionally bad.

ivana m. said...

i'm studying it now for an exam next week, which entitles me to hate it, but in all seriousness, it is such an asset and you will excel at it!!!

if only lisa ling was a private french tutor....sigh haha

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0