Friday, July 24, 2009

Top 3 ... Favourite Chick Flicks!

Oh chick flicks. Best. Movies. Ever. I was reading a couple of review highlights for The Ugly Truth and it got me thinking ... so this movie is supposed to be terrible and most of the chick flicks I've seen lately are terrible, but what are my favourites? I watch a lot of movies so the task of selecting just 3 for my list will be a challenge, but I'll narrow it down to recent (80s-today) and strict chickflick: no "action", no "mystery" just good old fashion lurvvvv: here goes... in no particular order:


1) How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Why?
I don't care what the haters say, Kate Hudson is somuchfun to watch on screen in her cutesy roles and
this one is a delight! It has an utterly preposterous setup in which two people are thrust together on a bet, but it is hilarious and the close are nice!

2) Pretty Woman
Why?
Youngish Richard Gere, toothy Julia Roberts, scene with Roxette's Must Have Been Love playing while the heroine rides away in a limo - fantabulous.


3) Bridget Jones' Diary
Why?
This is one of my most favourite movies of all time and I just
cannot pick out any example of what is best about it - its just amazing in every way possible! Possible even better than the book (I know, blasphemous) Bridget it was one my favourite characters both on film and paper. heart.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0