Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Karsh, G, Passion Pit: A Summarized Week in the Life ...

Yikes, It's been a while since a proper post, no? I can explain: I have been so super busy this past week and a bit. I had planned to post last Friday, then I had lots of work come up. So I decided to post on the weekend - but c'mon! The weather had been gross all week and finally this weekend it was absolutely beautiful so I couldn't justify sitting in front of my computer for any length of time. So now it is Monday again and let me just run down what's been happening in my corner of the world for the last little while.
Last weekend my mum and stepdad + my dogs came to visit for almost a week so when I wasn't working I was visiting and driving between Oakville and Bolton (Dorcas, I have seen the edge of York Region and it is FARMLAND!). I got a chance to revisit the McMichael Art Gallery and view the magnificent work of Yousuf Karsh, in particular his highly controversial (at the time) photo of Gow Crapper .... Monday I got to register for courses for my last year of school - for the first time ever just about all my first choice classes were available for me! Shockahhh! Tuesday I took my final driving test and PASSED! again Shocks all around (especially since I started the test by first hitting the curb, then forgetting to put the car in park while doing a parallel park in the bus that I drive). Okay, it's not actually a bus but it is a Volvo wagon so it's practically the same thing, right?! It's like as ginormous as an SUV but without the height and therefore visual advantage. This is the most exciting thing for me to achieve in years. I am the biggest worrier ever and for the past 2 years when I'm not thinking of something immediate by brain falls back on: OMGOMG I have to get my G before December 2009!!!! *Sigh of Relief*
Tuesday night I went for coffee with my girlies at Williams but received absolutely horrible service so I emailed a complaint which was responded to with a $25.00 gift certificate ... um hells ya! I will say that their Customer Service higher up is amazing compared to their restaurant service.
Friday I enjoyed a bbq with neighbours and then spent all weekend working a little and reading in the sun a lot!
This past week has also been great because I have discovered and rediscovered loads of great music! I have been in dire need of new music and something different than my usual fare. I am talking opposite end of the musical spectrum for me ... like DANCE music.
I've been listening to everything from Deadmau5 to London Beat - and I don't need any judgement thank you very much.
Recently I discovered (for myself, they've obviously been around a little while) this jem of a band Passion Pit and I loves them sooooo much. I am so glad there is still half a summer to enjoy this music as it is defo a summer jam...



0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0