Friday, July 17, 2009

Google Chrome Incognito


So I finally broke down and downloaded Google Chrome - and I like it a lot! I didn't have any real opinion about it, positive or negative, before downloading - my main reason for holding off everytime I saw it advertised on my own Google homepage was that I just don't need any more 'stuff' on my computer. It runs slow enough already, thank you very much. But Google Chrome is very simplified and doesn't have a lot of junk at the top and bottom of a browser window. My favourite part of it, however, is the Incognito window you can use: not for what it is, but for it's description. I was searching around the tools, etc. of Chrome and I was obviously curious about what this incognito thing was so I opened it up and this delightful list came with it:


Going incognito doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers, or software. Be wary of:
  • Websites that collect or share information about you
  • Internet service providers or employers that track the pages you visit
  • Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys
  • Surveillance by secret agents
  • People standing behind you

I hope everyone can see how hilarious that last bullepoint is ... Happy Friday!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0