Tuesday, December 2, 2008

poet rna

I thought it'd be fun to only include every other letter of the show's title in my blog title - it was. Monday night is unofficially Project Runway Night at my place, at least for me anyway. I know! I know! Project Runway isn't even on right now, but yes actually it is - on SLICE. And it's a couple weeks/months (? I don't really know) its original airing. long story short: TONIGHT was the night I got to see the season 5 finale and it was pretty good. The three finalists: Korto, Leanne and Whiney Mc'tudely (read: Kenley) put on a lovely show. Leanne won although she had some stiff competition from Korto - not from what's her face, the other one. Here are a few of my favourite pieces from the final collections:

From Leanne:

From Korto:
So anyway back to Kenley. Wow is it hard to understand her when she 'talks'. Deciphering the English words that were supposedly intermingled with her cringe-worthy whining was driving me crazy. Speaking of 'cringe-worthiness', earlier today I was reading aloud from a passage from a handmade notebook that went like this:

"The Tactless Blunderer: Thoughts and feelings of seclusion and sacredness are ruthlessly laid bare by such remarks as, "Oh, but your son's lameness is getting much worse!" "I suppose you feel lonely since the death of your daughter?" "Are you really going to be divorces?" These examples sound unbelievable, yet each of these crude remarks has actually been made on occasion ..."

Without a doubt the author must've been referring to Whiney Mc'tudely. She has no people skills whatsoever. It was actually kind of sad when TIM (yay! my favourite - let's be friends!) went to visit her and she had no friends or family to introduce him to =S. Whatever, her talking back to Tim and Heidi and basically everyone on the cast and crew made Project Runway Night even more entertaining than I could have possibly imagined. PR has definitely dethroned ANTM as my favourite fashion-related show forever! (I should mention that What Not To Wear is still amazing but I don't get the channel anymore - bad times) p.s. think kenley's just been hit with the realization that her dress is fugly (in the picture above ^)

The only thing that could make Project Runway even better is if its theme song was Obsession by Animotion; you know - that song from Fashion Television, new wave he-she vocals are where it's at! Check it:http://www.mp3raid.com/search/download-mp3/2/animotion/1.html

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0