Monday, December 22, 2008

Oakville Place ... the PLACE of NIGHTMARE PARKING


It's been a while so I thought it would be appropriate to explain why I haven't posted in a few days or a week - I can't remember. I finished exams and came home, only to be overrun by commitements I had made and some that were thrust upon me last minute. I've visited with friends, taken on part time work typing (not as easy as it sounds), seen the SOUND OF MUSIC on stage (WONDERFUL!!! - I cried mutliple times even though the boy kicking my seat kind of ruined the mood for many of the more touching scenes), and gone Christmas shopping. The latter has been a little more stressful than I though it might be. You see, I started christmas shopping all the way back in November and found most of what I wanted to buy my family in downtown Kingston (suprising, I know). There was still a few things I needed to pick up though so I've been to Square One and more recently Oakville PLace. On Friday, Kiani and I were trying to kill time waiting to meet a friend by going to the mall nearby. Bad Idea. the parking lot was incredibly packed. The fact that it had snowed a gazillion and two centimeters the day before didn't help either. we were lucky enough to find a parking spot, quite quickly. Leaving the parking lot was another story entirely. we were waiting in a ridiculously long queue to get out of the mall and this lady zooms past in her car the wrong side of the road in the parking lot. I was letting pedestrians cross so there was ample time for her to reverse a little and slide in the queue in front of me but she didn't. so when everyone had crossed I zoome up. Kiani said something to the effect of "We aren't going to let her in are we ging?" to which I replied "oh hells no!" I was having flashbacks to the infamous parking lot debacle at the Jack Johson concert this summer, when Dorcas and I had to wait over 2 hourse to get out of the parking lot - I fell asleep, I'm not going to lie. Anyway I stayed quite close to the car in front of me not giving this chick the opportunity to enter because it is against my belief system. However another car turned onto her side of the road (going the right way) and was now stuck becasue she was going the wrong way and not moving! eventually I pulle dup in line so that I was beside her and she turned to me and started yelling, like: WHAT ARE YOU DOING you have to let me in! etc. etc. Kiani went to start yelling back but I overpowered her yelling angrily back through the glass on the driver's side window. Then I admitted that I should let her in because she was blocking the other car. So i decided to give a symbolic honk of my horn when I let her in (which in my car is difficult becuase you have to press a specific part of the wheel with both hands). So while I was looking at the wheel honking my horn and she pulled in front Kiani let me know that she was sticking up her middle finger at me! BEYOTCH! she had her children in the back of the car and everything. So anyway as we made our way further out of the parking lot I let the Salvation Army van through so Kiani and I felt quite vindicated.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0