Sunday, February 1, 2009

Polaroid

I have been deeply enamoured with polaroid cameras for as long as I have been aware of them. I even had one of those fad ones that could print stickers which I used somewhat carelessly while camping, eventully ruining any picture I took because sand had gotten inside the camera... but that is another camera, another story. My mum has had her very own Polaroid camera for eons and kindly gave it to me along with limited film (the price of polaroid film is criminal + it's being discontinued this year!). In any case I've been slowly using it up and I just finished my first pack of 10 and thought I'd share. The actual photo looks somewhat better than this scan but still a little sketch - but really when the objects in the photo are Village People, Elton John and Simon and Garfunkel albums can you really do any wrong?Using this camera reminds me of a grade 8 science project in which I made a pin hole camera out of an old powder Nesquik container. I had to remove the film in a lightless room so I did it in our mainfloor bathroom which has no windows, but my brother open the door for jokes and none of the pictures turned out - yeah i'm still a little bitter...In other news .... boooooooo it's Sunday which means I have 8:30am class tomorrow =( sad times.

What I'm Listening to: La Familia (Guy Sigsworth Mix) and Recommendation by Mirah


0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0