Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grannies

After spending the majority of Sunday working diligently on studying for my midterms and agonizing over a thesis for a paper I decided to chill out in front of the boob tube. I had totally forgotten that the Grammy's were on until I saw it on the Tv Guide channel .... and I probably would have been better off if I hadn't realized they were on at all. I didn't watch the whole show but it looked like a bit of a shit show from what I saw.


Most Awkward Moment: Estelle awarding Adele the Best New Artist Award Estelle wasn't nominated HA! and she has previously dissed Adele because she sings soul music and isn't black. 2nd runner up would be Adele saying she loved the Jonas Brothers and then laughing - that was also pretty amazing though!

Most Amazing Moment: ADELE winning best new artist I literaly squealed with joy, though I would have been equally and maybe even more happy if Duffy won, I was still sooooooo glad she beat out the Jonas Brothers! 2nd Runner up: Duffy winning best pop vocals and Adele winning Best Female pop vocals! Ladies cleaned up!

Scariest Moment: Jonas Brothers performing with Stevie Wonder. a) Concept alone is scary, b) the Brothers kept attack Stevie, jumping up on his platform getting all up in his mic , especially the Ugly One - He was all over Mr. Wonder - I was Uncomfortable.

Most "UGH" Inducing Moment: Coldplay winning best rock album over the Kings of Leon - Coldplay is BARELY rock and Viva la Vida definitely is pop. Tangent alert!: If a femal group had put out an album that was Viva La Vida it would automatically be labelled POP , not ROCK, but because Coldplay is all men they automatically get that label. eff. Tanget OVER.

Overall watching the Grammys just reminds me how irrelevant of an awards show it actually is. Yes, deserving artists like Adele and Duffy get more North American exposure by winning, but with Lil Wayne garnering the most nominations from the get go and Coldplay winning the best rock album and the Jonas Brothers being nominated at all proves how uncool and skipworthy the Grannies (intentional typo) really are.


Listen to Closer by Kings of Leon. I love Colplay but they did NOT deserve that award. (click the picture)

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0