Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Recombobulation: My New Favourite Word

I am on reading week right now and last Saturday I flew to see my mum and stepdad is Wisconsin. It was a nice visit but the real excitement happened on my journey home. I had just gone through security at Milwuakee's airport. Note: they are so completely random with their security at that airport. When I was flying back during the Christmas Holidays they pulled my bag aside and said they would have to inspect it. The riffled through everything until they found my tatered copy of Lilith's Brood to which the inspector said "aha - found it. We say saw paper." This time they they swabbed my woefully worn out ugg boots for God knows what. Anyway after I go through security they have this little through area with a bunch of benches all strewn about where I usually put myself back together. THis time however I happened to look up and Find a brand new sign that read RECOMBOBULATION AREA. I got all giddy inside and even though it was 6:30 in the morning I suddenly felt very awake and Jolly. Let me explain: Discombobulation/ated is only my most favourite world in the whole world! I didn't even know Recombobulation exists (i'm still not sure it actually does)! Even though the handle on my luggage was broken, it was so early in the morning, and I knew that at home all that was awaiting me was a crap load of homework - everything now seemed to be OKAY! Even an older man was like "Did you see the sign!?" and I responded enthusiastically "YES!!!!!!" Not only is it a practical area, but because of the name it is now also a happy area! It almost makes up for getting poked and prodded and having your luggage sorted through.

What I'm Listening To: Eve/Radiohead Mashup - Tambourine (Reckoner) -click the picture-

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0