Monday, February 23, 2009

I Don't Like Mondays

Barf. This morning at 8:30 am was supposed to be my first class after returning from Reading Week. I stayed up late watching the Oscar - fully (I think that might have been the first time ever) and then I couldn't really sleep last night. so when 7:00am rolled around I was still exhausted. I decided that I most definitely should go to class though and I could rest afterwards. It was cold and windy, I missed the bus etc - but I got there with time to spare. Do you know who didn't get there? MY PROF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worst. morning. ever. I even missed the bus trying to get back home as well. And there has still been no explanation in the form of email or webct message or anyhting. The only thing that made my day somewhat okay was that I got to come home to my new cute little Friend Tyrone. Don't know who Tyrone is?! check it! Dorcas bought me my own little beanie baby Tyrone - although he is more stuffed animal than beanie baby - he only has beans in his bottom ... I still love him though! The picture is me holding Tyrone in my 'sweater-carrier' - in lieu of a Baby Bjorn of course!

oh Monday: you're so sad you have a bevy of songs just for you. These are a few of my favourites....
Monday Monday - The Mamas and The Papas, Monday - Jon Brion
I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats, Blue Monday - New Order

If I had to descrbie my Monday through these songs I'd say it started off with Monday Monday which cut abruptly to Blue Monday upon arriving at my profless class, which then turned sharply again to I Don't Like Mondays when I missed the bus for a second time and neatly plateaued at Monday when I reached home.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0