Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Through the Arc of the Rainforest

I haven't read the novel in full but I do plan on it and I like what i've read so far. That being said, we are discussing the novel by Karen Tei Yamashita in my American Contemporary Lit. class and today's class brought on the giggles. Tha novel itself is written in first person omniscient, narrated by .... a ball .... which is suspeded a few inches in front of another character's forehead. I know what you're thinking ... AWESOME! anyway. My eternally cute professor decided to lecture wearing a homemade contraption: a head band with a styrofoam ball connected and dangling in front of her own forehead with wire. This was of course hilarious as she tried to be serious with this thing flinging about the place. Another funny was created when, while reading the Epigraph of the book my pof asked, as did the Yamashita herself: "What is the opposite of a bird?" to which one of my classmates quickly responded: "A Fish." needless to say I giggled some more. =D Now back to latin I go =S

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0