Sunday, March 8, 2009

C'est La V

This weekend has been quite busy with funtimes and I have unfortunately neglected some (read: all) of my studies except reading the previously mentioned Through the Arc of the Rainforest. To begin with, on Friday I went to the VOGUE charity fashion show. This year's theme was C'est La V ... whatever that means. It was enjoyable enough - we were second row so it was a little awkward looking direclty up at the models as they strutted their stuff. Saturday Calvin and I saw the Watchmen ... I know purists will be all like "(whine) You didn't read the novel you can't get it" but I get it - I just don't care for it. Too much philosophical hmming and hawing (and not the good kind) and Not enough action. Most of the action was actually of the sexytimes variety culminating with the Night Owl II's ship breathing fire. Also the music was a little... um .... yeah - I felt like they has stolen the oldies but goodies list from my iPod, set it to shuffle and just let it go. The music from VOGUE, was actually pretty good. they did a contemporary dance to India Arie's cover of Don Henley's Heart of the Matter - it was excellent!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0