Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spaghetti Squash: How-To!

I have to cook for myself on the daily which can be really hard because I always have lots of left overs and there's not very much incentive to cook ultra delicious/healthy meals when your cooking for one. That beings said I do enjoy well made meals once they've been prepared, even if I do get a little sick of eating their leftovers (like the chickpea curry i've been eating since Thursday). One dish that is so easy it has a reputation is Spaghetti Squash! It is so delicious and so easy to make!
Step 1: Buy Squash. The first time I made this I went to A&P and they only had big squashes so I thought that was the only size they came in. Little did I know that at my new favourite store: Loblaws, they have all different sizes, so I picked up a cute little one that fit perfectly into my little caserole dish I got for Christmas!
Step 2: Get a Knife, spoon, fork, or whatever will be easiest for you to carve out the insides. It's like a pumpkin so you have to cut it in half and then carve out all the seeds.
Step 3: Preheat over to 350 degrees and put your squash halves face down in a caserole dish(es).
Step4: pop them in the oven for 45min-1hr
Step 5: Take a fork and scrape out the squash - it's stringy like spaghetti!
Step 6: add pasta sauce, cheese etc ... I added chicken and it was delicious.
Step 7: Enjoy your meal!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0