Thursday, August 27, 2009

Phrazes of Excitement

EEEEEEEE - okay have to state this now: SOOOOOOOO excited for the new Julian Casablancas solo album (Phrazes for the Young) coming out this fall. I am literally on pins and needles waiting! I can't seem to figure out when exactly it's coming out but I will not be deterred! A couple of months ago I saw the official teaser preview and got amped and now THIS interview with some samples of what I assume are tracks from the new album has got me all hot and bothered for some more!

I love the Strokes - unhealthily. I hadn't felt the way about a band as I had about the Strokes until Kings of Leon and now that I've
had a chance to settle down a little with them - I'm antsy for new, or something old made new, and Mr. Casablancas is just what the doctor ordered!

What got me on this train of thought today in particular? Well, I had this realization that Julian and Ryan Jarman look soooooooo alike, am I wrong? doubtful. .... maybe it's their voices - they have the same voice ... with different accents ....

Also, discovered that Julian and I have similar tastes in music, surpising? No. His favourite song is A Change is
Gonna Come, which also happens to reside on my favourites list on my ipod! IT WAS MEANT TO BEEEEE

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0