Friday, January 2, 2009

Mili-wok-eh

For New Years my friend Kiani and I went to Wisonsin to visit my mum and step-dad. Unfortunately the trip got off to a bit more of a rocky start than I had hoped for, though not more than I'm used to when I travel. Embarrassingly - we missed our flight on Tuesday in the morning by about 5 minutes. The first time a Midwest flight is on time leaving Pearson is the first time I'm a little late - typical. After some Lauren Conrad-tears (as Kiani calls them) on my part we were able to rebook for the later flight wich left 11 hours after our original flight. Thankfully when we returned to the airport it was not nearly as busy - so we had time to have some fun on the moving sidewalks etc. While on the plane Kiani and I enjoyed the wonder that is Sky Mall - my new favourite magazine which tries to sell, among other things, a voice activated R2-D2, a "keep Your Distance" Bug Vacuum, and a sixteenth-century- Italian Replica Globe Bar. I myself will be saving up for a set of Successories Inspirational posters especially. We got to our destination pretty late and pretty much just headed to bed in preparation for shopping the next day. Shopping was less than stellar: lacklustre deals and not very good items for sale anyway made my spending very lean indeed. We headed to SHOGUN for dinner were Kiani lamented on the ethnicity of our cook and he picked on her. I was able to catch a piece of zucchini in my mouth on the first try which was pretty amazing. We were also given Happy New Year head bands which we wore with delight, then finished off the evening by watching No COuntry For Old Men (loved it!). Later in the night my mum gave us a fancy bottle of Champage with instructions to finish it because it wouldn't keep - we gladly obliged. Thursday we headed to the art museum in Miliwuakee, or as Kiani pronounces it: Mili-wok-eh, which was amazing. We enjoyed a couple games of pool which ended in me sinking the eight ball twice and Kiani sinking it once - all three times it resulted in the sinkers loss of the game, so yeah we aren't goof at pool - but then again I've never claimed to be. Here are some more pictures of our trip:



What I'm listening To: America - Razorlight click the picture to listen (thought this song was appropriate given that we were in the states)

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0