Friday, February 19, 2010

Waking Sleeping Beauty

Like many my age, Disney films of the late 80s, early 90s played a large role in my childhoo. I count them to be among my favourite films. It takes about 5 seconds into The Little Mermaid for me to weep with joy and sentimentality. Everything about The Lion King makes me wish I was 6 again and don't get me started on how amazing Lumiere and Cogsworth are in Beauty and the Beast. For me, these films, along with Aladdin, are some of the best ever made by Disney or anyone else. I cannot explain the depth of emotion in me that is connected to these films, their characters and the music. I also find it extremely difficult to choose my favourite. I suppose it is between The Little Mermaid and The Lion King, but they are so different. I do not remember a time in my life when I was ever unaware or unattached to The Little Mermaid, but I remember the specific feeling of joy upon being present (along with my stepsisters) with a shared copy of The Lion King.  I suppose they will remain forever tied together at the top of my list of favourite films.

Of course it will be of no surprise then when I say the trailer for this documentary on the people and years that produced my favourite films has me the definition of excited. Enjoy the preview below, hopefully this will be playing in a theatre near me. Oh and when is The Lion King coming out of the Disney vault. I am antsy.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0