Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Purge Plan Oh-10

At the end of this school year I will sadly be moving out of the wonderful apartment I share with my 2 roommates ... and I have so much crap everywhere! So I've decided to start a fortnightly cleanup plan aptly named: "Purge Plan oh-10". I realize that the 'oh' doesn't really work anymore because we've kissed the last decade of oh-number goodbye, but I liked the sound better and the 'oh' could also be short form for 'Oh Shiz I got a lot of Work to do!'. Moving on, I began the purge this past weekend with the fridge but only today did I have the idea to document it when I started riffling through my pantry. Here is how this weeks purge went down:


As you can see I had already started unpacking this cupboard when I got the idea to blog it... It doesn't look that full, I know. But you must also realize that I only feed myself and I also keep a lot of stuff in the fridge and freezer.

First off, I put my pod on shuffle while working and you never know what you're going to get....
in this case it was the theme from Arthur.


These are sprinkles from a Hallowe'en cupcake package (the orange box at the very back right of this photo) which I didn't even realized had spilled because I'm too short to see the second shelf)

I went grocery shopping with one of my housemates on Sunday and she said she was craving popcorn. I told her "No don't buy any! I have a huge box at home" ... I didn't realize that the box had expired 3 years ago ... I suppose I should have guessed - I've had this box since my first year of university in my dorm room. I also told her not to buy peanut butter because I had that too. It expired 2 years ago.

Always worrisome are the things that don't have any expiry date at all, like these chickpeas par exemple, which are probably so loaded with preservatives they'd survive a nuclear winter, no sweat. I bought these chickpeas at least a year ago in a frenzy. The downtown A&P was constantly out of them and when I saw that they had a few in stock I snapped them up.

Quick Game.
is the residue on this expired popcorn...:
(a) flour
(b) sugar
(c) coke
........
.............
........

It's (a) flour.

Oh! There's my Twinkle! I'd thought I'd lost it.

I bought all this stuff to make crab cakes. obviously I haven't gotten around to it yet. 1) because I'm lazy, 2) those aren't the right breadcrumbs.


et voila! Purge Plan oh-10 Kitchen complete!
Next I'm thinking I'll tackle the upstairs hall closet which has loads of clothes and boxes of random stuff - FUN!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0