Tuesday, February 23, 2010

90s Techno Dance Party is Go.

As much as I like to pretend that I have a discerning taste in music, for the most part this claim is completely unfounded. It's not that I don't listen to what has critically been deemed excellent, oh do I ever. It's just that I, like many, listen to such a variety of styles and genres of music that it is impossible to choose my favourite or pretend that all of it is really good. As I was driving today my friend and fellow blogette comandeered the radio and turned it to some ghastly techno-dance station. Much to my surprise one of the first songs we heard, I in fact have on my ipod and quite enjoy.  Call it what you will, reminiscent or otherwise, but I truly enjoy dance and techno songs from the 90s and more and more from contemporary beats as well. I hope this isn't just a result of getting caught up in the jersey shore phenomenon. Anyway, It's a bit of a grey day where I am so here is my pitiful list of some of my favourite 90s dance songs to brighten your/my day:


I tried to stick with purely dance songs (i.e. no rap or pop) just for the hell of it. If this mix doesn't make you want to get up and shake your rump 90s style, then quite frankly, there is no hope for you. Now go forth and dance.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0